01604 686152
Michael Paul Accountants

Annual Returns

30th March 2012

Paul from Michael Paul Accountants Northamptonshire briefly explains what an annual return is and when it must be completed.

An annual return is a snapshot of general information about a company’s or LLP’s (limited liability partnership) officers, registered office and (if appropriate) shareholders and share capital.  The term officers refers to directors and company secretary’s.

Every company must deliver  an annual return to Companies House at least once every 12 months.  It must be filed within 28 days after the anniversary of either:

  • the incorporation of a company
  • the made up date of the last annual return
Although Companies House still accept paper annual returns it is cheaper and generally easier to file the return online.  You can get more information regarding filing annual returns online from the Companies House website by clicking here.
At Michael Paul Accountants we file our clients annual returns on their behalf at no charge (other than a recharge of the filing fee).
If you have any queries regarding annual returns or any other taxation or accounting matters please don’t hesitate to contact us.  We are based in Lamport in Northamptonshire making us conveniently located for the towns of Kettering, Northampton, Corby and Market Harborough.

Return to News